Livingston firefighters approaching the task at hand.
Livingston Fire Department Reacts Quickly to 2nd Flr. Apartment Fire, LIVINGSTON, August 11, 2008 - The Livingston Volunteer Fire Department led by their Chief, Corky Cochran, once again reacted very quickly to a fire and prevented a bad situation from getting worse. The fire broke out in a second floor apartment at the Wood Hollow Apartments on Mimosa Street in Livingston. Shortly after 5:30 pm on August 11, 2008, a call came over the radio of a grease fire at the apartment complex, in less than 5 minutes Chief Cochran was at the scene and was quickly followed by two fire engines from the Livingston Volunteer Fire Department with a handful of firemen. Upon arrival at the scene, heavy smoke was billowing from the apartment number 20. Due to the quick reaction, the fire was contained and damage was limited to the kitchen area where the fire broke out. The once white ceiling was blackened from the smoke, and the stove was ruined. Other damage included heavy damage to the overhead ventilator above the stove. The situation was under control in less than an hour.
If you would like to comment on this story, we'd love to hear from you. Your name will be listed with your comment when it's posted in the comment section.