Firemen from Livingston VFD rushed to Church's Chicken at 210 S. Washington when the cooking area floor collapsed.
CHURCH'S CHICKEN FLOOR COLLAPSE...
LIVINGSTON, August 2, 2016 - Shortly after 6 pm on August 1, 2016, the Church's Chicken located at 210 S. Washington had a floor collapse in the cooking area where chicken is deep fried. Three female employees fell into the hole as the deep fryer's reportedly spilled hot oil on them. Two of the employees were able to pull themselves from the hole while one was helped out by a customer. One of the employees was transported by ambulance to CHI Livingston Memorial Hospital while the other two employees were flown to Houston with critical burns. One employee reportedly has 3rd degree burns on 75% of her body. A small fire ignited from the collapse. The firemen were able to quickly douse the fire. Fireman, Victor Lee Jones snapped the following pictures from the scene.
If you would like to comment on this story, we'd love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the story subject in the subject line of your email, also list your name and town in your letter. Your letter will be posted in Letters to the Editor.